1. I was a cheerleader in a Catholic High school. We were limited to what we could do, like pyramids. We made sure we perfected our splits though, and I was so flexible back then. I hope one day to get back down there!
2. I have a sock monkey named Lumpy that was my Mom's. I think it is over 70 years old now!
3. I have been coloring my hair since 7th grade. I was called Madonna forever. Come on, after all it was the 80's!
4. I am terrified of heights. Don't even think about taking me on a Ferris Wheel or a roller coaster!
5. Seriously, I'm not a huge animal lover, but somehow we still have a ton of animals. 2 dogs, 1 bearded dragon, 1 gecko, 1 newt, 1 hedgehog and 7 fish!
6. I went to my Senior prom by myself! I knew I would be my best date! I have to say, I looked hot!
7. My nickname growing up was "Megan-Magoo". I'm not sure why my Aunt would call me that. I wonder if I should have been offended by that, remember the little guy I'm talking about that couldn't see?
8. I come from an Italian, Irish family and we always have red wine at the table, but I can't drink it because I get migraines, bummer isn't it?
9. When I was younger, most people didn't even know I was another member of the family. There are 3 girls and a boy and I told my mom that for sure, I had to be adopted, because I had nothing in common with my siblings and never hung out with them or their friends! Jump ahead 20 years and never in a million would people think we weren't all related.
10. I did not get my driver's license until I was 19 years old.
11. I've been known as the Jane of all trades! I have had so many jobs in my lifetime and I wouldn't trade the experience of any of them for anything!
Here are some of the things I did: I babysat, cleaned an office building, cleaned homes, worked in a Greek restaurant, an antique store, a popcorn and candy store, a pizza restaurant as a take out girl, hostess and salad prep, a warehouse putting together floral arrangements, an insurance company, clothing store, gift ware store, hospital in Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy as a tech, sports medicine as a tech, patient care technician (really just a glorified housekeeper) Dermatology office as a receptionist, and in their billing, temp jobs in various offices, Administrative Assistant in an Architectural Firm and then on to start my own cleaning business. After that I started my own decorating business for staging of homes to sell and just residential homes! Whew are you exhausted yet?
12. When I was a kid I was so shy, I wouldn't even go and ask for ketchup at McDonald's! Hard to believe isn't it?
13. At the age of 3 when we lived in Michigan my parents forgot me at a park! We were having a family reunion and my parents thought I was in the back seat. When my mother turned around and I wasn't there, she screamed. My father was sure I went with some relatives but Mom knew I wouldn't go with anyone else but my parents. They immediately drove back to the park and found me still swinging on the swings. I had no idea they had left and they didn't tell me about this until I was in high school!
14. I get car sick whenever I'm a passenger!
15. I have the goofiest loudest laugh! Sometimes I am the only one laughing in the movie theatre. I have had people wait after the movies because they knew I was there!
16. I drink my coffee out of a straw! I think I have asbestos mouth because its not hot to me. I can even drink it all day and even right before bed and I still sleep like a baby!
17. Feet seriously gross me out!
18. I was on the swim team as a kid and spent every single day at the pool. Now a days, I won't even get in a bathing suit or wear a pair of shorts, ever!
19. I love to do all the cutting in when we have a painting job. I would rather do that then the rolling! Anyone want to hire me?
20. Last but certainly not the least, I believe that everyone has a voice and an opinion and it is our duty to let it out! I am not one who is quiet about much. I am not an offensive person, but if I think something should be said I say it! You either love me or hate me, that's just how I roll!
As I have grown older I realize I am the only one that can truly accept me for me and I have to be the one who is ultimately happy, and happy I am !
I sure hope everyone is having a super duper day, no matter the weather! We are having severe thunder storms and from where I am sitting I can see the light post shaking rather violently. I'm just glad its not by my house!