Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dishing it with Amanda!

It's time to Dish It again with Amanda over at Serenity Now. This time we are talking about Dads and I've got plenty to say about mine!

Photobucket

~ Name your favorite TV or Movie Dad?

My favorite movie dad is Steve Martin from "Father of the Bride". That is probably my all time favorite movie! I just loved his relationship with his daughter!



And this house, ahhhh! I want to move in! Come on who doesn't love it?



Hilarious quote:

George: Drive carefully. And don't forget to fasten your condom.
Annie: Dad!
George: [shrieks in embarrassment] Seat belt! I meant, I meant seat belt.


~ What's the best thing about your dad?

I just love my Dad! He just brings a smile to my face every time I see him. After my mother passed away he decided to switch gears and do something entirely different career wise. He has worked in Urban Planning for more than 40 years and thought he would try his hand as a farmer. He specializes in Italian Heirloom vegetables and runs a booth at the farmer's market every Sunday morning and does special orders for the University of Nebraska Lincoln catering! He is just so wonderfully funny, giving, intelligent and energetic! He is the kind of guy that everybody loves!

I remember one night in the hospital when my mom was sick, I was sitting in the waiting room paying my bills of all things. My Dad walked in and sat down and started to cry and he said, "How am I going to live without her?" That was the first and only time I have seen my father cry! I was so lucky to be there and witness that vulnerable side and I think it has made us closer! It has been very tough on all of us since my mother passed but we have all gotten closer as a family. We realize how precious life is and not to take anything or anyone for granted!

This is my Father at the Farmer's Market. His booth is called ~ Caruso Rozzano Farms!



Isn't he a cutie?



~What's something you enjoyed doing with your dad when you were a child?

When I was in 9th grade I cleaned a Real Estate office building. I cleaned it every Wednesday night and Sunday morning. My Dad helped do the Sunday morning shift. He and I would go get donuts, coffee or hot chocolate and drive to the office. He would sit and read the newspaper or do work while I cleaned. He would always help take the garbage out to the dumpster with me. I have 2 sisters and a brother so it was nice just talking the two of us, we had a lot of fun!

My kids love their Papa!



~ If your husband is a father, what does he do that makes him a great dad?

My husband adores his kids! They bombard him right when he gets into the house and he stops whatever he is doing to listen to one of their many stories. He's a very hard worker and when he can he spends all his free time with them!

A day at the Omaha Zoo!



After a trip to Colorado just the boys, they brought back these silly mustaches! Our Family joke is that we like to look like Papa (my Dad)! He no longer has a mustache, but that is how the kids always remember him, and so do I!



Our family trip to South Dakota was a blast!



Jim is very creative and whenever the kids have a school project, he gets really involved. This was James' Valentine Box for third grade!



This was Jim's idea of the perfect Valentine Box for James. Jim had to outdo the frog from the year before and he got 1st place for most creative!



Despite little hiccups here and there, I am blessed to have the family I have and all the wonderful people in my life! Hope you liked your visit to my blog!

11 comments:

Kate said...

Ummm I know you are laid up and all but no fair that you have a hottie husband and dad. I'm going to start saving NOW for my trip out to meet you:) The part about your dad at the hospital really hit home with me since my mom is battling her cancer. What a great post Megan!!! Love you sweet girl

Kate

Love the Decor! said...

I love love love that movie too!!
Your dad seems like such a wonderful man!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Ooo---I love Father of the Bride. That's a good choice. :)

The story of your mom and dad is bittersweet, but it's a good thing that your dad has found something wonderful to do for himself.

The frog Vday card holder. Is too much!!! Love it!!!

Thanks so much for linking up with me. :) Have fun "mingling." :)

Melissa said...

Your dad and your husband both seem like special men! I love the frog Valentine box! :)

Unknown said...

Hey fellow Iowan! You must be in the western part of the state. Loved reading your post about the two most special dads in your life. The comment about what your dad said to you in the hospital about your mom got to me. What a sweet man. You are blessed with two wonderful men!

Nancy

Lynette said...

You have some wonderful menin your life. The story of your dad at the hospital brought a tear to my eye...

Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

Southern Fried Gal said...

What a sweet tribute to your dad - it made me tear up. Your hubby is very creative - I like the froggy box best of all. Thanks for sharing and happy Dishing It!

Kenzie said...

I love Father of the Bride! One of our favorite parts is in the 2nd one where Frank gave George the muscle relaxers or whatever they were and they had to get to the hospital and Frank had George on his back and said "are we moving!" Your Dad and husband sound like amazing men! How lucky are you!

Diana Mieczan said...

That frog box is the cutiest thing ever!!! Ahhh what a beautiful post...your father and your husband are so special...Great guys:)
Beautiful sweetie and have a great day:)
Kisses

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed to have such great men in your life. I loved that your Dad would take time out to go with you on Sundays to work. How sweet is that?!
I'm feeling just a smidge guilty over those Vday boxes...they are full of the awesome! I am pretty sure my kids' boxes weren't more than a shoe box. Your fam is awesome!

Sarah Cook said...

So fun! Both your dad and your husband sound like great guys.

Stopping by from Dishing It!

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com