Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Pursuit of Happiness!
Thanks to Jeanne from http://collageoflife-henrqs.blogspot.com/, my search is over. How sweet is she for saying that I am one of the blogs that makes her happy!
The Rules for this award are~
1. When you have received this award you must thank the person that awarded you in a new post.
2. Name the 10 things that make you happy.
3. Pass this award onto 10 other bloggers and inform the winners.
Wow, where to begin. I can't believe how fortunate I am to receive this award again. So many of you already know 10 things that make me happy and might ask yourselves, "Can she come up with 10 more? Well, don't worry your pretty little heads about that. I am full of Happy things that I am glad to share with others!
Without further ado here is my list:
1. First and foremost, all of you make me Happy! I have received such positive, wonderful and genuine comments for the things that I write about, that I know blogging is what I am to do. Your daily inspiration is what keeps this going, thank you!
How important is this group to me? Incredibly important. I think because my mother is no longer with us, we have all grown so much closer and realized how important family is. My dad, left corner and his friend Ginny, my grandfather Joe, who will be 95 in April on the right. Isn't he adorable? My sister in-law Anne (pink shirt) and her husband (who is my brother) J.P. (standing) and that is Amy my sister who I talk about all the time and her husband Neil. For some reason all the kids were left out of the picture and my other sister Julie was out of town, but they are definitely not forgotten, they all make me happy too!
I adore these flowers. I remember when I was about 9 years old, we lived next door to this 85 year old women named Maude. She had the prettiest peonies in her yard. I would go over and sit with her and have tea and chat. Then we would walk around and talk about all her Peonies. I would always take some home to my mom. Memories, aren't they sweet?
4. My kiddos, especially when they get along!
5. Family vacation this past summer to South Dakota. It was our first family camping trip and people who know me were shocked. They placed bets that I would barely make it 1 day with sleeping in a tent. Ha, I made it 4 days, and it was cold and rainy. I love to prove people wrong! I even came quite prepared, with cut up fruit and veggies so we could eat a little healthy.
6. Lip gloss/Lipstick I won't go anywhere without it! If I were stranded on a deserted island and only given one choice of makeup, its gotta be lipstick! I love Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay lip gloss its the best!
7. Bloody Marys! Love um! They make me happy! Ina Garten has a fantastic recipe for the perfect Bloody Mary!
8. My Kindle! Now don't get me wrong. You all know I love a good book, and I mean LOVE, but the kindle is very convenient to throw in my purse for sitting at gymnastics.
9. My upside down tree! I decorate this for just about every holiday. Its Easter in my house!
10. I did a bold thing and I painted above the fireplace purple! I really like how it turned out!
So there you go, ten more things that make me happy! I hope you enjoyed them all. Now I need to award this to 10 special people out there, hmmm lets see....
1. Jamilyn at http://liveitathome.blogspot.com/2010/03/after-before-with-still-more-to-do.html
2. Amanda at http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com
4. Chelsea at http://roomtoinspire.blogspot.com
5. Ashley at http://schottofclass.blogspot.com
6. Therese at http://ladolfina.blogspot.com
7. Katrina at http://www.katrinaleechambers.com
8. Teri at http://girlmeetsparis.blogspot.com
9. Autumn at http://mydesigndump.blogspot.com
10. Mandi at http://manditremayne.blogspot.com