Monday, May 2, 2011

PMD.....Pimple of Mass Destruction!

I went to bed last night feeling a little pimple coming on. I only referred to it as a "little" pimple because I didn't know there was an impending volcano waiting to erupt. We've all been there right? Ok, maybe some of you don't like to talk about them like I do, but hey, we all have them so call them what you will like zits, acne, blemishes, lurkers, or even creatures.

I did what any woman might do in this situation and that is to put a dab of toothpaste on it!


Well my husband took one look at me and said, "Baby, let's get it on!".

See, even after 18 years of marriage, I still got it!

I woke this morning thinking for sure the toothpaste did the trick. It just had too! Ha, who was I kidding. My daughter came in and said, "Ewwwwwww, what is that?


"Am I gonna have that when I'm your age?" "Honey, I hope not, but I looked exactly like my mother, skin and all (actually my mother had beautiful skin) so the odds are not in your favor!'' Yes, I'm evil and I kinda like it!

So, I went off to make the coffee, pack the lunches, toss a few not so very nice mommy words out and then threw the kids out the door!

I passed by a mirror and did a double take because as I was busy getting the kids out the door, the volcano did erupt and .......


now I see why Claire said Ewwwww!


Ok, I'm going in. I've got to go in head first (get it head first) and tackle this thing! I know its gonna hurt, but I can't take it anymore! I might scare someone!


I washed my face and tried to do my best cover up. Hell, I think I even spent 45 minutes trying to camouflage the thing and dam if the thing didn't triple in size. How the hell am I gonna cover this bad boy now?


I wonder if anyone will notice if I walk around like this?


I need to order some of this and fast!


I'd even try this if it works!



Hey I was only heading to the Library and Walmart. I figured my chances were mighty high that I would see many oozing people wandering both of those aisles, so I left my bag in the car!

I'm pretty sure with people like these, my little crater looked like a spec of dust!







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh we have all been there. My preteen daughter glady pointed out a pimple for me the other day and this morning I glady pointed out hers. Yeah, we share the love like that.

XLMIC said...

Okay... that boil on the guy's neck... just nas-teeeeeeee! There was a youtube video of something like that being "dealt with" ... yuck. I know yours was NOT that bad :P

middle child said...

I always love me some PEOPLE OF WALMART.
BTW, Clinique makes a great product for this. It's in a little bottle. Try it.

Ducky said...

Schnikies you made me gag! KUDOS TO YOU! *ugh* I'm still gagging....eww... I might make people read this post as a form of punishment...hehe....yeah... thats awesome.

You rock

Sweaty said...

I can totally relate with you. I'm well on my 30s, and still I get some of those volcanoes, especially around that time of the month.

And to make matters worst, I totally picked on it every single time!!! Ugh.

Should we take it positively and tell ourselves that this means we're still in our puberty?

Nicole J said...

You're not alone. Zits happen.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww!
You should have started this post "Some images not suitable for Sarah." ha ha

Irish Italian Blessings said...

OMG those pictures are grosssss!!! I hate the days my face thinks I'm back in high school, ugh! Like, didn't I already go through enough of this when I was awkward and adolescent? Geesh. Thanks for the laugh :)

Andrea said...

The joys of pimples lol

Russo said...

Oh, my goodness, thank you for this post. Adult acnes is the worst and I smiled at the volcano bit. And the pics were hilarious, I just snorted. Thank you for brightening my day.

Diana Mieczan said...

Hahaha...you are so funny! I had one like that last month and it was pretty bad...hahah
Kissses, my dear

Ps: I’m hosting a cute necklace GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Hahahaha !!! I am totally cracking up !! I have been there done that for sure ~ ummmm the pimple thing not the lovely Wal Mart outfits ~

idesign said...

lol! i always wonder if i'll ever grow out of getting zits! shouldn't this have stopped by now! i'm 26 and i still get them : /

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com