I was so surprised to receive an award this past week which definitely made my last days of freedom bearable!
Lucy Adams from IfMama.com sent me this awesome award!
This is just oh so cool! I think when you blog you wonder if anyone even reads it! Is anybody out there? Thankfully, in receiving this award, I can say, "You like me, you really like me!"
Did you know there is an official definition as to what a Versatile Blogger is. I did not know that, but here it is.
A Versatile Blogger is one who.........
1) Provides variety in his or her posts
2) Entertains, informs, inspires and intrigues readers
3) Continues to grow as a blogger
So the rules are simple in receiving this award.
Rule 1) Thank the Blogger who awarded you this great honor and make sure others can get to his or her site!
Rule 2) List 7 to 10 secrets about yourself
Rule 3) Award this to 10 - 15 worthy bloggers!
Thank you again Miss Lucy from IfMama.com for this wonderful award! I hope you can get over to her blog and get to know this cool gal. She has written not 1 but 2 books that I can't wait to read! Check out the titles of her books.
Head on over and get to know Lucy now!
On to my many secrets!
Ok, do I really have any secrets? You all know me to be an open book, am I right?
1. My first secret is that I have recently lost 23lbs with Weight Watchers! I haven't done a post on this because I wanted there to be a significant amount lost before I bragged about it! I'm entitled right?
Weight Watchers is a gift from above and I cannot imagine doing anything other than this. It is truly a way of living and not a diet at all. I've never enjoyed fruits and veggies as much as now. And I really feel great.
2. I have said many times before that I hate cooking. That I in fact would rather clean a toilet than cook. Yes, I really did say that. Well, now that I am on Weight Watchers I'm starting to like cooking and finding new recipes that fit within my points. My family is getting use to "Mom's" cooking and we are all eating healthier!
3. I hate summer. No, not because the kids are home and constantly yelling, "Mom, mom" or every neighborhood kid would rather be at our house than their own. Ok, maybe a little bit. No, I pretty much hate to sweat! I also hate shorts, I rarely wear them. And I detest seeing people wear teeny tiny clothes, that oh dear Lord they should never have bought in the first place! Scary with a capital S!
4. Mice freak me out! My brain shuts off if I see one and I start to panic. We have had some in the garage just recently. When my husband told me, I'm pretty sure I started to hyperventilate. I called the pest guy and he has since sealed up any spots that looked suspicious. So far so good!
5. I get car sick riding in the front passenger seat. Maybe its a control thing but just let me drive! It's so much easier on us all if I do.
6. When the kids are gone for the day I enjoy my silence. I rarely work around the house with music on, it just makes me nervous. My friend says its because, I have too much going on in my head for even one more thing! She might be right.
7. How much poop should one person deal with in a day? I'm really sick of cleaning up after the dogs, the bunny and this dam bird! I wish he'd learn how to control himself. Is it too much to ask for a little signal before he poops right on you! How many shirts do I have to change in a day? Do you think that we could establish a code system here buddy? How about 1 squawk if you are hungry, 2 squawks if you need to poop and 3 squawks when you want to go night night! That seems like a plan, OK Gus?
I'm going to leave you now with those 7 tidbits about myself and move on to the task of picking the award recipients. This is always a hard job since there are so many deserving people out there. So, in no particular order, here are 13 that I have just recently started following and can't get enough of ......
Ashli from Maillardville Manor
Kimberly from All Work and No Play
Amanda from Fond of the Silliness
Anne from AnnechovieTaylor from MaryJanes and Galoshes
Cat from brideblu
Geninne from Genine's Art Blog
Myra from The Casabella Project
Ashley from Lilblueboo
Jennifer from Hip As I Wanna Be
Erin from Richmond Thrifter
Deanna from It's Just Me
Camila from Effortless Style
If you haven't had the opportunity to visit many of these women, please don't hesitate to do so. They are some of the very creative, witty, and talented ladies in our blogisphere!
Hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Weekend!