Saturday, May 28, 2011

An Award for Me, You Shouldn't Have!

School is officially out and the hellions are home for 79 days, ouch! I've already started my countdown for back to school in my laundry room. So, you think they've noticed?

I was so surprised to receive an award this past week which definitely made my last days of freedom bearable!

Lucy Adams from IfMama.com sent me this awesome award!


This is just oh so cool! I think when you blog you wonder if anyone even reads it! Is anybody out there? Thankfully, in receiving this award, I can say, "You like me, you really like me!"

Did you know there is an official definition as to what a Versatile Blogger is. I did not know that, but here it is.

A Versatile Blogger is one who.........

1) Provides variety in his or her posts
2) Entertains, informs, inspires and intrigues readers
3) Continues to grow as a blogger

So the rules are simple in receiving this award.

Rule 1) Thank the Blogger who awarded you this great honor and make sure others can get to his or her site!

Rule 2) List 7 to 10 secrets about yourself

Rule 3) Award this to 10 - 15 worthy bloggers!

Thank you again Miss Lucy from IfMama.com for this wonderful award! I hope you can get over to her blog and get to know this cool gal. She has written not 1 but 2 books that I can't wait to read! Check out the titles of her books.


Head on over and get to know Lucy now!

On to my many secrets!

Ok, do I really have any secrets? You all know me to be an open book, am I right?

1. My first secret is that I have recently lost 23lbs with Weight Watchers! I haven't done a post on this because I wanted there to be a significant amount lost before I bragged about it! I'm entitled right?

Weight Watchers is a gift from above and I cannot imagine doing anything other than this. It is truly a way of living and not a diet at all. I've never enjoyed fruits and veggies as much as now. And I really feel great.

2. I have said many times before that I hate cooking. That I in fact would rather clean a toilet than cook. Yes, I really did say that. Well, now that I am on Weight Watchers I'm starting to like cooking and finding new recipes that fit within my points. My family is getting use to "Mom's" cooking and we are all eating healthier!

3. I hate summer. No, not because the kids are home and constantly yelling, "Mom, mom" or every neighborhood kid would rather be at our house than their own. Ok, maybe a little bit. No, I pretty much hate to sweat! I also hate shorts, I rarely wear them. And I detest seeing people wear teeny tiny clothes, that oh dear Lord they should never have bought in the first place! Scary with a capital S!

4. Mice freak me out! My brain shuts off if I see one and I start to panic. We have had some in the garage just recently. When my husband told me, I'm pretty sure I started to hyperventilate. I called the pest guy and he has since sealed up any spots that looked suspicious. So far so good!

5. I get car sick riding in the front passenger seat. Maybe its a control thing but just let me drive! It's so much easier on us all if I do.

6. When the kids are gone for the day I enjoy my silence. I rarely work around the house with music on, it just makes me nervous. My friend says its because, I have too much going on in my head for even one more thing! She might be right.

7. How much poop should one person deal with in a day? I'm really sick of cleaning up after the dogs, the bunny and this dam bird! I wish he'd learn how to control himself. Is it too much to ask for a little signal before he poops right on you! How many shirts do I have to change in a day? Do you think that we could establish a code system here buddy? How about 1 squawk if you are hungry, 2 squawks if you need to poop and 3 squawks when you want to go night night! That seems like a plan, OK Gus?

I'm going to leave you now with those 7 tidbits about myself and move on to the task of picking the award recipients. This is always a hard job since there are so many deserving people out there. So, in no particular order, here are 13 that I have just recently started following and can't get enough of ......

Kimberly from All Work and No Play
Anne from Annechovie
Taylor from MaryJanes and Galoshes
Cat from brideblu
Geninne from Genine's Art Blog
Ashley from Lilblueboo
Jennifer from Hip As I Wanna Be
Deanna from It's Just Me
Camila from Effortless Style

If you haven't had the opportunity to visit many of these women, please don't hesitate to do so. They are some of the very creative, witty, and talented ladies in our blogisphere!

Hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Weekend!





14 comments:

Taylor said...

Megan, what a sweetheart! Thanks so much for the fun award. It was fun reading your secrets :) Have a great memorial day!

Taylor

Shanda said...

Loved reading about you!!! You definitely deserve this award! Congratulations.

Kimberly said...

Thank you so so SO much. You truly made my day! PS. I'm tired of poop too.

design elements said...

loved reading about you too! congrats and hugs

Anonymous said...

congrats on the award :)
and thanks for commenting on my post. I think I have fallen in love in Irises yeasterday ;) Especially in one kind called PINK SWAN

hugs,

Maillardville Manor said...

Thank you so much Megan!
I loved reading your 7 things, I saw a ton of myself in there, I also get super car sick, and i like to clean the house without music too (I thought I was the only one) and don't even get me started on mice :)
Thank you again for passing the award on to me :) and 25lbs is definitely something to brag about, so get bragging lady :) hehe

Jen said...

Hopefully your summer is off to a good start. I have a few days of Freedom left. I am trying to remain positive and even excited about summer, but like you, I have the neighborhood kids at my house daily. Im sure I will be secretly counting down the days til back to school.

Janie Fox said...

I, too h ate mice and don't get me started on poop. I just did a post on bird poop. I mean seriously! I have re named them tirds! Have a great day. Loved your post!

Anonymous said...

Epps ... it is like the opposite of wishing for school to end ... now begins the countdown for school to begin {at least for you!} ;)

Fun "secrets" ... wait, you HATE summer, oh my, summer is my favorite {though I could live without the sweat too ;) }

I am so honored to be awarded... *blush* Thank you!

xx Cat brideblu

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Thanks for visiting Megan. I was happy to hear your enjoyed the Hawaii pics. Hopefully, the photos let you dream away. Congrats on your weight loss and award. You are so funny. Loved reading your tidbits..

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am gonna visit all the blogs you listed.

annechovie said...

Aw, Megan, you are so sweet! Thank you!! It was so much fun to hear your 7 tidbits. You have a great sense of humor. xx

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award!!! It was really interesting reading your 7 secrets or not so secret secrets. 23 lbs is totally worthy of braggin!! Way to go!! Also, I loved checking out the blogs you nominated. There are a few that I am now following.

Yer Cinnamon Girl said...

Congrats! You so deserve it!

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com