Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Special Delivery!

Well, look who dropped in for a visit! My jet setter niece Vivienne, who just spent a month in Paris has now landed in Iowa.


"I'm sleepy, can someone take me to my bed?"

We couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, she and my sister are now experiencing the awful Iowa winter. This morning we woke up to freezing rains and school has been canceled, even the dogs are afraid of whats happening outside.
I think this day calls for making chocolate chip cookies and watching movies in front of the fire, sounds cozy!

Do any of you remember reading my 7 random things, where I said how much I hate to cook and would rather do laundry or toilets than cook? Well, yay me, because I don't have to do either.
This is my sister who loves to cook and I eat like the Queen I am when she is here, lol! All I have to do is play with the baby and she does the rest!
Ok, I do have to do the dishes, but no biggy! She made a wonderful vegetarian lasagna last night and my son said, "Wow Aunt Roo, you should be a chef!" I no longer think he is that mad for giving his room away while his Aunt is here, not if she can cook like that! My sister is the West Coast version of the Barefoot Contessa.
When she was in Paris she walked down the street where Ina Garten lives and ate at one of Ina's favorite restaurants.
My sister spent a month in Paris over Christmas...Hmmm, Paris, don't you hate her? Ok, of course I don't but I was a little jealous!



Isn't she a cutie? You should hear her giggle! When she was in Paris she had her first baguette and loved it!
Can you imagine "real French bread", not our version of French bread?
She also enjoyed her first Duck Confit .
Apparently she couldn't get enough. I tell you, this kid has done more in her 10 months than most of us get to do in 10 years! Now, my sister and her husband are thinking Rome or possibly Greece for Christmas next year!
"What!" Well I guess I'm going to have to do a lot of convincing for her to realize that Iowa is the place to be for Christmas!
I mean really, Rome or Iowa, hands down it has to be Iowa, the Queen is here, lol!


"Oh, cookie, don't mind if I do!"

"Tired, who me, no , I've got cookies!"

"Help, mommy and Aunt Meggie are enjoying this dress-up thing a little too much!"

Well, I can't take it anymore, I need to go give her a squeeze and hear that giggle!

10 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

My goodness, she is too cute for words!!!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOL! She looks so adorable in that wig - she's a cutie!

Manuela

Just Joany said...

I live just up the road, in South Dakota. I'd love to have you all visit. Please bring the cook and the baby. :-)

~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Send some of that weather here! And we're in the same predicament. The oldest thinks shoveling is work and the youngest LOVES it.

Stay warm!!

Janean said...

just the cutest post ever!!!!

Megan said...

Just stopped by to say hi! Saw your comment at Just a little Funky....

Have a great Saturday!

Catherine Anne said...

LOVE the last photo!!!

Emily A. Clark said...

Well, thank you! So glad to find a fellow Jason Castro fan :) Your niece is adorable. That wig if hilarious!

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ Sugar & spice & wigs, too! Darling!!
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hey Megan
How cute your niece is.. and how lucky your sister to spend a month in Paris... well at least she is cooking for you!! That's what I need.. a cook.. haha.. Take care... I'm trying to put an Australia Day post together.. but am painfully slow.. Julie

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com