Monday, January 25, 2010

I Believe in Pink.....

Well, I thought today would be as good a day as any to tackle some of my paper piles. The snow was gently falling and the kids would leave for school at 7:35, right? Well, so I thought! No, I couldn't enjoy my cup of coffee and sit by the warm fire and purge away, because the kids had a 2 hour delay.
I saw the snow falling but thought hmm, "is there ice out there?" I guess the school was just being cautious, so I managed to put my dreams on hold and wait patiently for "me" time. Once the kids left for school I grabbed my coffee but found out that neither my sweet little niece that I posted about or my sister slept because Vivienne has a cold, poor thing...so I was on duty, and yet another delay.
The day started to fly by and before you knew it, at the same time I looked at the clock I heard a little knock at the door, surprise, my son said "school was let out early". I hadn't paid much attention to the weather but what do you know, school was let out....for we were having yet another snow storm!

Ok, so I will try not to whine too much about how almost everyday for the past week and a half we have been having a 2 hour delay or better yet NO SCHOOL!
Doesn't the school know January is my time to declutter this house?
Or do they have a contract with Mother Nature? When I finally did get around to cleaning out my huge pile of kids school work and artwork...you all remember my dreaded paper filled table don't you?
Well the table has been cleaned off, yay, no, no need to celebrate just yet, I just moved the paper pile to the counter. Anyway I digress.

I came upon these quotes that I had jotted down and I thought I would share them with you. I realize I did not finish cleaning my piles of paper, nor the coat closet or even get much laundry done, but I did enjoy reading them again and I hope you find enjoyment in them too!

P.S. Please pray for school for my kids tomorrow, I so need to get something done!



~~”I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in PINK. I believe that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in french kissing. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” -Audrey Hepburn~

~~“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” -Audrey Hepburn~

~~"I don`t want to be alone, I want to be left alone."-Audrey Hepburn~




~~"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" -Coco Chanel~~

~~"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous" -Coco Chanel~~

~~"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman"- Coco Chanel~~


4 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

I feel your pain!! I hope they had school today.

Unknown said...

Hope you get your break, and your organizing done! LOVE THE QUOTES! ESPECIALLY THE FIRST ONE BY AUDRY H. thanks for sharing, have a good day... snow, coffee, kids.... ;) "LIFE"

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love those quotes. Okay I just prayed they would have school. Keep your fingers crossed;)

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Thanks for your sweet encouragement. I feel so much more capable because I know I am ultimately not in control; God is!!

Glad they had school. Hope tomorrow looks good, too.

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com