Sunday, January 10, 2010
Did you hear the News?
Happy Monday everyone! I am sitting here quite dumbfounded. I opened my email to find out, that my friend Darlene from Music to My Ears has just nominated moi for the Beautiful Blogger Award. No way, are you kidding me?
I am just tickled pink, flattered, pleased, delighted, honored and so touched that she would think to nominate me for this award!
Ah, Darlene, "You really like me"!
I am told I need to list 7 random things about me and then nominate 7 other wonderful blogs for this amazing award, well, I guess we should get started:
1. I always sleep with one leg out of the covers. I hate the feeling of being trapped.
2. I have been coloring my hair since the 6Th grade and it hasn't fallen out yet! Knock on wood!
3. I love lipstick, or lip gloss. If I were stranded on a desert island and only left one piece of makeup,
it would be lipstick!
4. When I was a kid I loved Garfield...I know a little weird, but hey I was a kid.
I wrote to Jim Davis the creator of Garfield and got an autograph and a handwritten note from him.
5. I "detest" cooking! I would rather do laundry, dishes, shovel snow, or clean toilets than cook!
I beg my sister who lives in California to come visit every month,
because she is an excellent cook and we eat really well when she visits!
I am really not kidding here folks!
6. I get giddy over a new box of 64 count Crayola Crayons!
I know, I know, I am 38 and that yellow and green box can still make me smile!
P.S. Magenta has always been my favorite.
7. I "hate it" when I walk into the kitchen and step in a puddle of water with my socks on....
because whomever, "Jim or James" walked in with their wet boots on and didn't clean up the puddle!
It truly makes me bonkers....I laugh as I type because my 5 year old is following suit and just yelled
"Ugh I have to change my tights, who dropped water on the floor"? Oh, no, its mini me!
So, now it is time for me to nominate 7 blogs I deem to be honorable for such an award. There are so many wonderful blogs out there, that have truly inspired me to blog myself, that picking seven will be very hard to do! If I could nominate you all I would, but here are seven in no particular order that have triggered something in me that I would like to share with the world, so .....here they are:
I am so excited to nominate these ladies and look forward to reading their accomplishments, circumstances, goods, episodes, details, facts, situations or pieces of themselves that make them who they are!