Friday, July 16, 2010
I'm not sure I'm worthy of this, but I like it!
Look what The Wife gave me. Now, are you sure about this, for me? Well isn't she sweet? Thank you for thinking of me!
In order to accept this award, I must:
• Thank the person who gave me the award
• Sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience using five words, examples: WRITE HEART PEOPLE LIVE HAPPY
• Pass it on to 10 other blogs which I feel have real substance.
1 Funky Woman's philosophy, motivation, and experience in five words
1) No rules 2) inspire 3) humor 4) honesty 5) outlet
* No Rules: I'm not a huge rule follower. Could most of you tell that already? I think it's because I spent so many years in Catholic school that I'm ruled out. I have too many bad memories of trying to follow the rules but still being slapped on the hand with a ruler and being sent to see Sr. Reginalda. I think that I'm tired of the guilt that comes with rules, so I say no thank you. I just like to keep it real when blogging. I write what I feel that day or something I saw or if something bothers me. I don't feel the need to respond to everyone's comments because frankly who has that kind of time. I thoroughly enjoy every comment I read but a girl has to sleep doesn't she?
* Be inspiring: If I can inspire someone, whether it be from something I did decorating wise or introducing a favorite book I read or even reminding everyone how crazy stupid it is to text or use the phone while driving then that makes me feel like I did something!
* Be funny: I think it is so important to use humor everyday. I love to make people laugh, I think it's because I laugh at myself on a daily basis, hey I'm trying to work on my abs here! I believe you need to laugh at yourself first and not take yourself too seriously. That way if others laugh at you, it just rolls off of you!
* Be honest: Be the blog YOU want to be not what you think others want to see. Reach within yourself and find YOUR interests and write about that! If you aren't honest with yourself than how can others take you seriously.
* My outlet: I started blogging basically because I found myself becoming a huge blog groupie. Now, most of you know what a groupie is and I don't mean the type of groupie that is fueled by the “sex, drugs and rock and roll,” because I'm not interested in seeing any of that around here. I am fueled by the decorating, blog parties and organizing tips I see around blogland. I was a such a follower of so many blogs that soon I started talking like some of them, decorating like some of them and my husband has said that I often quote some in my sleep! I like the idea of just having a place to vent if I need to, or cry if that is what is needed that day. Blogging is my therapy, and hey its much cheaper than a therapist, because its free!
So, lets she who is worthy of this wonderful award. Just teasing, everyone is and should grab this button! I am told to pick 10 people but I am having a hard time narrowing it down to just 10. I think I will stop here and show you a couple gals that I love and who inspire me. I think you will find inspiration from them too!
Kim over at What am I going to be when I grow Up
Diana over at Expresso
Mandi over at Tidbits from the Tremaynes
Annie over at The House That Jade Built
Pamela over at Be Colorful
Karyn over at Hope Island Home and Living
Shannon over at Flower Patch Farmgirl