My husband loves telling me goofy, useless facts almost daily. The funny thing is knowing those facts has helped him when we've played Trivial pursuit or Balderdash! In fact they've even helped me out some!
If you haven't played this game you must! We played it with a group of friends and we had a fantastic time. It's kind of a bluffing game. You are given a word and you can either write the real definition or a made up one. Then you have to guess which way the person went. The group we were with was such a diverse group of people. It consisted of Doctors, professors, world travelers and then there was moi! I held my own pretty well I'll tell you!
Here are some silly, weird and semi useless facts for your reading pleasure!
1. Most lipsticks contain fish oils! (Ewwwwww! I guess we should always read the fine print before purchasing!)
2. There are more plastic flamingos in the U.S. than real ones! (I seem to notice more and more in people's yards but had no idea more than real ones!)
3. Most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain human life. (Wow, I guess we can keep drinking! Cheers, I'm having my coffee and Baileys right now!)
4. Nachos are the food most craved by pregnant women. (For me it was tomatoes, weird I know!)
5. Each year, 24,000 Americans are bitten by rats! (Hate rats, they freak me out!)
6. Men can read smaller print than women, but women hear better! (Well I for sure can hear better than my husband!)
7. Non-dairy creamer is flammable! (This is scary! What they hell is it doing to our insides!)
8. A toothpick is the object most chocked on by Americans! (Crap, I better not have my daughter grab them at restaurants anymore!)
9. A cockroach can live several weeks with it's head cut off! (Now that is sick!)
10. The creator of the NIKE Swoosh symbol was only paid $35.00 for the design! (I sure hope he is getting some mullah now!)
11. Nearly 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong account over the next hour. (Well, I hope some gets deposited into mine then!)
12. U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with Vaseline.
(I guess we all have some type of weird fetish!)
13. Chewing gum while peeling onions will stop you from crying! (I am so gonna try this one!)
14. When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh less! (I'm gonna look for that moon tonight and bring my scale outside!)
15. There are more bacteria in your mouth than people in the world! (Just think of what is happening when you swap spit!)
16. Cranberries are sorted for ripeness by bouncing them; a fully ripened cranberry can be dribbled like a basketball! (You know you wanna try this!)
17. In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die! (How sad is that!)
18. You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark. ( I think those cows are getting pissed off with all the cow tipping!)
19. One in three male motorists picks their nose while driving! (I've seen it!)
20. In India, people are legally allowed to marry a dog! (Well at least you can kennel it and not get into trouble!)
21. More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call. (My husband wishes he was one of those, he hates the phone!)
22. "Jedi" is an official religion, with over 70,000 followers in Australia! (Maybe that's why my son wants to move there!)
23. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie! (I'll have my daughter do the licking from now on or ask for the stickers!)
24. A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day! (You're all gonna start counting aren't you!)
25. On average, a 4-year old child asks 437 questions a day! (So not surprised at this one! I wonder how many questions a 6 and 11 year old ask? I believe its 500 or more, I swear!)
Happy Spring! Its snowing today! No surprise to me, it's Iowa!