Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Can Someone Stick a Needle in my Eye....Please?

You would think we had 8 inches the way the weather people and our school are talking about the snow. For crying out loud we had a light dusting and because of that you need to torture me with a two hour delay! I love my kids I do, but I just think I need a vacation from them!

The only good I can see from the snow on the ground is using it to keep my stash cool!



My children like to talk. In fact they talk so much I have to wear ear plugs just to take the edge off! The decimals that each one can reach can often make the dogs go running! I think if you were to walk into the house you might think I have 5 kids instead of 2! My husband and I often look across the table at dinner barely able to say two words to each other because of the ping pong match going on between the kids. I swear I'm getting whip lash from watching them!

Now I hate most t.v. in fact I can't stand it when the kids just sit there spaced out to it. They hear nothing going on around them and its like a vacuum because it just sucks what brains they do have right out of them! But, this morning I sent them both to watch it! I'm on my third cup of coffee and it still isn't getting to the brain at least ......


I'm thinking that I am going to see if they need anymore bus drivers. I'm pretty sure if I were driving one of those buses then for sure my kids would get to school regardless of snow! My kids would either hate me or they would say......
For now I am going to take a big breath, continue sucking my coffee from my straw and then use this...


and then maybe that dam bus will show up!

Happy Hump Day to you all!

Megan

17 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

I Love the stress reduction kit..hahahah I so need to print this out
Enjoy your coffee and see you later

Ps: I’m hosting a charming jewelry GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in:)

Krisztina Clifton said...

LOL!!! I know exactly how you feel. My 6 year old talks NONSTOP. She has a rare gift for talking for half and hour straight w/out taking a breath. When the weather makes school close, I hate it! I love her, but I think I need some ear plugs!

Desperate Housemommy said...

Snow days are of the devil.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I completely understand what you mean about your kids. You love them very much, but that doesn't change the fact that they can be a real pain in the butt! I've started turning on a 30 minute program on DVR for the little one and hiding out in the bedroom with the lights off for a little break from all the craziness ;)
I definitely need one of those stress reduction kits, too. lol Big hugs to you!

Cara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have recipes for you!

The chicken noodle soup is so easy.
Boil one chicken (I put it in the crockpot overnight) take the meat off the bones and save broth.
For the noodles: Beat 2 eggs with a fork, add enough flour to make soft, workable dough and 1 tsp. salt. Roll out dough very thin. Cut into small rectangles (or any shape you want) and let them dry all day.
Boil the chicken meat and any veggies you want, drop noodles in and cook until tender. Serve over mashed potatoes.

I got the crunchy potato salad http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crunchy-Potato-Salad/Detail.aspx
and broccoli salad http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-Sour-Broccoli-Salad/Detail.aspx
recipes from allrecipes.com.

Cara

www.justcallmemommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog, yours is hilarious, love it! I have a Granddaughter almost 6, never stops talking.

Have a great day!
dana
:-)

Tracy said...

All I can say is thank you for this. I'm laughing hysterically right now. I so needed that today!

Maggie May said...

i'll buy one :)

Unknown said...

Apparently (there is a rumour) that I used to be a talkative kid when I was growing up. Mum fixed this by getting me into books so I could do my "quiet time" activity and give her head a rest hahaha !!!!
RE: comment on my blog....I never know whether to reply here or there :-)
- The lure of the book buying is a strong one. Please tell me your will power techniques for not going crazy in the book section of GW.
- Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen is a must read for sure. Can't wait to see the movie, we'll have to compare notes :)

Unknown said...

RE: Robert Pattinson....thank goodness, I thought I was the only one. The Twilight book I resisted for so long and then read in December. Was not bad for light entertainment but the movie (watched just last week actually) made me cringe. There is definitely a market out there for it all but I don't think I'm within the target audience :-)
Thats why it will be interesting to see how he gets on with Water For Elephants. Our book club have the same misgivings about the lead role pairings for it.
I love that Stress Reduction Kit !!!!

Holly said...

I know exactly what you mean! My kids are LOUD too, and I thrive on peace and quiet!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Jamie Rubeis said...

THink i could borrow that stress reduction kit when you are done with it? LOL!

Hang in their mamacita! I totally understand. My oldest talks my ear off ALL DAY! LONG! Sometimes i just can't take it. I think God blessed me with a kid that is JUST like my Mother-in-law because he knew i needed to learn patience.

SHERRY HART said...

note to self....no coffee in mouth while reading your blog. funny. damn funny. the poop post sounded like it was written by me.

Heavenly Savings said...

Too Funny! I’m a new follower Happy Thursday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Lynne said...

I love your blog, I can't stop reading it LOL! I started to peek around and before I knew it I was sucked into a vortex of humor, honesty, and just plain ol' fun. Thanks for the best laugh I have had all morning! Following you back from One Busy Chick :) Oh and thanks for letting me know about the 'pot' button, I hadn't thought of that angle when I labelled it LMAO!

No Guile said...

I never said I would drive the bus but after a week of snowday's with kids who do not have off buttons :)I did say I would shovel the bus routes for the whole county by myself.

http://noguilelifeandotherstoriesfromautism.blogspot.com/

Yer Cinnamon Girl said...

I love this post! Did I ever tell you that reading the posts about your kids is like reading some modern Erma Bombeck?

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com