Pamela from "Be Colorful" sent this beauty to me on Friday. I would have posted sooner but I had a sick kid and busy weekend! We went to see Riverdance and it was wonderful!
Well how cool is this award? Well for starters, its cool because it is from Pamela and she is so amazing. I do hope you go over and check out her blog. She is such a talented artist and I'll bet she is never without a paintbrush in hand. I often drool over her many gorgeous pieces and her studio is to die for! I would love to walk in there and have some of her talent and inspiration seep into my pores. I keep thinking one of these days I will commission her to do a piece for me. She has these wonderful painted chair pictures that I would kill for. I am lucky to say she only lives a couple hours away from me. Don't worry Pam, I won't bring a weapon, lol! Although we have never met in person, I feel a connection with her. Isn't this blog world awesome?
This award requires you to list seven interesting things about yourself and link back to the one that awarded you. Now I don't know how interesting they are, but they are about me and this is what this post is about, Me. So I hope you enjoy 7 more things about Moi!
1. I am obsessed with popcorn! I am, I love it!
If I know I am going to a movie I won't eat anything all day, just so I won't feel guilty when I order the tub.
I think if I could do this the next time I am at the theatre I would!
I don't just like movie popcorn, oh no!
I love plain, cheese, caramel, candy coated, chocolate covered.
I guess it could be because when I was just finishing high school I worked at a popcorn shop.
I basically made popcorn and then throughout the day I bagged several different flavors in bags or canisters we sold. I never tire of that smell.
I remember one day a man came in to the shop. He walked up to the counter and set his bag down. I walked over and asked if I could help him. While he was deciding on what to order, I looked down just to see what was in his bag. What can I say, I was curious! I then proceeded to say, "Hey I like your nuts!" He said, "what?" I got a little flustered and said, "your sack" and pointed basically where his sack was and he said, "excuse me?" By that time we were all tripping over our words and well, I was trying to remove my foot from my mouth. You see people, he had a big bag of mixed nuts and I was kinda hungry and obviously not thinking and I didn't think anything of me complimenting a man on his sack of nuts!
Yep true story and its all mine! I know you are all jealous!
2. I am terribly afraid of heights! You'll never catch me on a Ferris wheel or a roller coaster, no
way no how!
I think this is what I would look like on a roller coaster and I'm not talking about the girls! If I were on that episode of The Bachelor where Brad said they were going to scale a wall to get to their dinner date, then I would say, "Oh buddy, you are so not worth it!"
3. I would never be on the Bachelor!
I thought I would throw that one in because of the above mentioned. I just don't get how these women or men for that matter think to put themselves in that kind of situation.
I wish that this gal would have just slapped him and then gotten back in the car. And said, "Oh no, I had no intention of staying, that's all I came for!" It was so awesome of her to do that!
I find these girls and I mean girls to be extremely pathetic when they don't get a rose and they end up falling apart saying, "I came here to find a husband, I thought Brad knew I was committed to this!" This gal said, "I hope my parents are proud of how they raised me!" Really will they be proud that you are on national t.v. and crying over some guy?
Can you say barf and double barf with a capital B! I have to say I watch it just to get a good dose of laughter and make sure I remember to tell my daughter to never throw herself at a guy, they aren't worth it!
4. I talk to everyone. If its the guy filling up my car (only once it was negative 8 and I did tip well), the gal at the target check out, or the guy at Goodwill.
I believe everyone has a story to tell and they just need that one person who will listen! I overheard a women at Target (she was one of the check-out gals) tell some people she knew in front of me that her husband just passed away. They left the lane and it was my turn. No one was behind me so I said "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I did hear you say your husband just passed away and I am so sorry for your loss!" She looked at me and took a deep breath, then proceeded to cry and then tell me all about him. The story gets worse because he actually killed himself. She thanked me and said, "I haven't told many people what happened and it feels good to talk about it!'' I believe customer service is not what it use to be, but did you ever think that they are not the only ones responsible? Maybe if we would all give that check out gal a smile it might be that first step to changing your whole encounter and making someone's day!
5. I'm a lamp lover. You know how some people love shoes, well I love lamps more. I have 5 lamps in my living room and 3 in the kitchen. It might sound strange but my rooms are large and I still don't think there is enough light! Maybe I should put as one of my 7 things about me is that I am crazy!
6. I have 2 kids but I really don't like kids! I said it, I did! I know it might sound awful and crazy, I mean I love mine and most of the time I like them, I really do. But its all the other ones! I will volunteer in my daughters classroom and I can't figure out how her teacher does it. I can't even keep track of what two kids are saying to me let alone 24!
I just don't understand them and the noise they make. All the moving around, eating with their mouths open and putting their hands in places I don't even want to think about. I have to remind my daughter she must go and use the antibacterial several times a day and if she sees a kid picking or digging she can refuse to hold their hand. Am I right or am I right? If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes then it might not have come up! And you think babies and toddlers make noise. Oh my gosh! My 11 year old boy can just be sitting at the table and all of a sudden he is cracking his knuckles, singing some rap song he made up, bouncing his leg up and down, then switching to opera singing, talking with an Australian accent, moving his feet like windshield wipers, singing the deliverance tune Ba-da-ding-ding-ding-ding and burping the alphabet. And all of that is within a span of 5 minutes! And don't even get me started on how much my 6 year old can talk and bounce. I could go on but I won't! That ladies and gentlemen is why I drink!
7. I think I have ADD! No joke. I start a project and get so distracted, that I forget I've began one and then go on to another one. My house looks worse than when I started. I think its because I am a mother and having kids just sucks your memory and patience right out of you. Remember that black hole I referred to over here at Tatted Mom? Well I'm pretty sure that right when the baby comes down the shoot, your memory gets lost out in that black hole floating among other things?
Now I think the best part of receiving this wonderful award is I get to pass it on to ten other bloggers!
This is the hard part though! I have met so many wonderful deserving people that it gets hard to pick just 10. I'll give it a go and I hope you can check them out as well. They are some wonderful women I think you will all enjoy!
In no particular order:
1. Mel at Junkin' Junky
2. Karyn at Hope Island Home and Living
3. Amber at Goodnight Moon
4. Karyn of Karyn Climans
5. Ann at Calamity Anne's Adventures
6. Deborah at Apples in Wonderland
7. Robin at All Things Heart & Home
8. Alyssa at Adventures of The Stay at Home Mom
9. Jenny at Nucking Futs Mama
10. Mel at The Larson Lingo
Well there you have it! 10 amazing blogs! Some of them you might already know and some I hope you will be glad you were introduced to!
It's snowing again here in Iowa and windy. Not a fun combination but the kids didn't have a snow day! Whoo, hoooooooo! Can you tell how excited that makes me?
Hope your Tuesday is wonderful!