Monday, February 22, 2010

I joined the bandwagon!

Lately I have been noticing some fantastic walls of family pictures, so I thought it was time to complete mine and show you all what I have done!



I decided I wanted to do all black and white photos. Since my mother passed away I received several great pictures of her that I wanted to showcase. I even got the original wedding pictures of my husbands grandparents and his parents.



This is a picture of my mom when she was a store model in Ohio! I took some black and white scrapbook paper to mat it, isn't it so great!



This is a collage of my mother. There is a picture of her with Santa, 1st communion, cowgirl, picture with the Easter bunny and the middle one is of her college graduation picture! On the bottom far left is a picture of my grandparents as they are leaving the church after their wedding. My grandmother has since past but my grandfather is 94. I swear he is going to live well past 100!



This is my husband's grandparents wedding picture.



My mother in-law finally gave me one of my favorite pictures of her when they got married, so glam!



These are James' little baby feet!



This is one of my favorite's of James, he would just die if he knew I put this on here!



And last but not least who can pass up a naked booty picture? This is Claire and I just love them!

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

These are great pictures! And you did an amazing job arranging them with frames, matting and on the wall. What a neat display your family will enjoy for years to come!!

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a super darling memorable special wall. Looks great! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

where did you get that picture of grandpa and grandma coming out the church?

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Megan
How gorgeous this collage of your mother's photos!! My mum died when I was young so I have a few framed but have many more I should do something with... but not many of her childhood as you have!! The images with Santa and that great big bunny are gorgeous.. I thought it was a big mouse!! haha Great job.. I'm sure you will find a lot of pleasure looking at these...

Thanks for your great comment.. I love the Italian language too.. I went to language school in Italy for 2 weeks but have forgotten most of it now... Portofino is really for the rich and famous!! but it was nice to look around for the day... Say Buongiorno to you Grandfather for me.. xx Julie

Anonymous said...

those pictures are so special! Love the coat in the modeling photo! It's chic! What a great wall. I'm sure it will also make a wonderful conversation piece.

Jenny @ Anything Pretty said...

I love how you arranged them....and I agree B&W makes it so much better sometimes.

Katie said...

Hi Megan! I tagged you in my blog today :-) http://toteslife.blogspot.com/2010/02/wednesday-pick-me-up.html

Anna White said...

Oh Megan...that is fantastic..what an awesome job..good skills!! x

Unknown said...

Oh, Megan ~ What a lovely set of old photos, love Mother modeling the coat ... & the adorable baby!
You have done a wonderful presentation.

Have a great eve ...
Hugs, Marydon

missy said...

Just found your blog!!!!! And can't wait to look around.....but I LOVE your photo wall!!!!! My 2 favorite things......purple/plum and black&whites!!!!!

Darlene said...

Your wall is beautiful. I'm such a late-bloomer on this one. I need to get my act together because the result is fabulous. Great job!!

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com