Monday, December 5, 2011

Peace on Earth!

I've been collecting globes for quite a while now and thought I would use them in my Christmas display! Here is my take on "Peace on Earth!" The three peace signs are ornaments I purchased last year from Pottery Barn.



Do you see our ELF Zeke ? He's hanging in the sleigh. I get the feeling he is going to be a camera snob this season!



Another elf favorite is the red guy! I found him at an antique store for $3.00. Now this guy my kids don't like. They say he has an almost gremlin look to him. Hmmm, it must be the ears. I guess that's why I like him!





I have also been collecting religious figures for a while and this Virgin Mary and Jesus planter are from a consignment store for $5.00!





This one is from a wonderful vintage shop I frequent and she was only $4.00! Sorry she is so blurry!



Vintage Santa and reindeer were from an antique store.



One of my favorite movies is "Elf" I swear my whole family could quote that movie and we often do. Here is a favorite!

"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite!"

4 comments:

Blogs said...

I envy your globes! i can't decorate like this...keep them coming---PLEASE! i think our home loves that movie too...well probably every Christmas movie, hehe:)

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello Megan,
I love the Mary and Jesus planter. Your Christmas decorations are coming along nicely. You know, we just did a Movie Post, and guess what Jess' favorite movie was? - ELF!! She loves the movie, and thinks Wil Ferrel is so funny. I hope you have special moments this holiday season.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

W.C.Camp said...

Wow GLOBES!!! That is a great idea for a collection. I love globes too since I never get enough of looking at the relationships between one place and somewhere else on the other side of the world. Neat!! W.C.C.

Living It At Home said...

You know, every time I pass by a vintage globe, I want to buy one! Great idea and fun way to display for Christmas!

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com