Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My "Word" for 2011!

If you wander around the Blogisphere you will notice a common theme going on. Yes, it's Resolutions. We all set them, and most of us, yes, me included, we fail. Lets look at the #1 resolution out there and that would be weight loss or something along the lines of health. Well, I agree I need to get on that bandwagon but I don't want to be one of those failed statistics. So, I have decided I won't be getting a membership to the gym! No, I'm not going to do it! Why embarrass myself at the gym. I can do that at home and I often do. At least the people here who do make fun of me love me, right kids?

I've decided to get the Dance Central for Kinect (my son got Kinect for Christmas) and dance my ass off! Yup, I'm a closet dancer, it's true. There might be a video for the future!
Oh hell who am I kidding, not, never, no way, when pigs fly!

I've also decided to focus on a word for the new year that is geared towards me. I have been thinking about this for a while and had a tough time deciding between 2. I found one that I can relate to and one that will give me inner peace (ha, I have kids remember)!

My word for 2011 is "Be"

The definition of "Be" says:

a : to equal in meaning
b : to have an objective existence : have reality or actuality
c : to have, maintain, or occupy a place, situation, or position
d : to remain , undisturbed, or uninterrupted
My favorite is "D" - to remain undisturbed or uninterrupted! Ha, everything but in my house! I can't even go to the bathroom without some kid or some dog feeling the need to come bother me. For some reason, I thought that with age came maturity, but I am sadly mistaken. My son, who may I remind you, just turned 11, he still comes barreling into that bathroom. He comes in yelling as if his finger is barely hanging on, only to find out he wants to tell me about "The Annoying Orange video! Are you serious? Now? Get out! Have you seen those videos? Dear God, how do kids find this crap?

Anyway, I love this word! There are so many ways this word can go, so lets see:
I have decided that I will:
"Be" Present in everything I do!
(That means I will) "Be" drinking more wine at night!
"Be" Thankful even about the little things! (even if it is wine in a box)
"Be" Silly with my kiddos (especially if I've had wine)
"Be" spontaneous (who knows what may happen with that wine in my system)
"Be" Giving (you can give a lot when you can't see straight)
"Be" organized (hmmmm, doubtful)
"Be" the best me that I can (wine can make everyone "be" the best)

I found a quote that Marilyn Monroe said and I so love it, she said:
I don't want to make money, I just want to "BE" wonderful!
Perfect!

Happy Dancing everyone!




8 comments:

Jill Franklin said...

Well done. I think it's a fantastic choice, and for all the right reasons too. =)

Mrs. Tuna said...

To be or not to be, that is the question.

Scuba Wife Life said...

Thanks so much for following me! Your blog is really cute and I am following you back! :) I can't wait to read more! :)

Julie@beingRUBY said...

'BE' happy Megan
I hope this year brings you tons of joy and happiness.. I'm still trying to figure out my word... but it would have to be better than last year..

Have fun.. xxx Julie

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Happy dancing back to you, girlfriend! Love the idea of having a word to focus on. Guess I'll start thinking on mine. . .

Karyn said...

Just 'BE' you , there is no funnier !
Happy New Year
Karyn x

Rachel Neill said...

Hi there,

I am following you through blog hop as well. I love your new word for 2011, a lot of your ideals sound much like the topics I discuss on my blog.

I also LOVE the big flowers on your front door (the picture with your kids), so cute!

My blog is linked through my name if you're interested

Rachel

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Love the word "Be". I considered that for this year also. I especially love the "Be drinking more wine at night!" We LOVE wine :)
My word for 2011 is Cherish. I blogged about it here: http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/2011/01/11-hopes-for-2011.html

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com