Friday, October 8, 2010

My Halloween take on Keep Calm sign!



You remember a while back I made my own Keep Calm and Carry On sign. I think for using an old canvas, it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself!

Well I happened to be at the wonderful Goodwill and found a large piece of canvas, that I could not pass up! I said to myself, "What can I do with this that screams Halloween?"

And then my girlfriend said, "Why don't you put a skull at the top where the crown goes and write, Eat, Drink and be Scary!

I thought that sounded like the perfect idea, I knew I had a wonderful skull that I could use as my template and because I don't have a Circuit like all of you gals, I figured I could wing the rest of it. I took paper stencils and let me say that wasn't the easiest but I did an eyeball measure and came up with this.







So here you have it!



I still need to do some touch-ups so don't look too closely! My husband thinks it would be a great idea to put cow's blood dripping down the canvas. I gave him a big thumbs down and probably shrieked how sick he was! Not gonna happen, I say! Why do I get the feeling he will try something despite my requests?
To annoy me, I'm sure!

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a marvelous weekend!

Don't forget to Eat, Drink and Be Scary!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

you're definitely in the Halloween mood! it came out good!

Anne said...

Love how your sign turned out!!! Though a drop of faux blood coming out of the skull's mouth would be awesome! You could call it that SPLASH of color!

baby love said...

Cute!!
You're super talented!!

Happy Friday!!

oxox-Camille

Sawdust Girl said...

Oooh, I love it. :-) Sandra

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

Meg, I love it! You are SO talented. Have you thought of submitting this to U-Create? She has tons of awesome tutorials and I bet this would be a hit with her readers. http://www.u-createcrafts.com

:)Erin

Kim said...

That's awesome! Love it. So much fun. I need to find my Halloween spirit. I'm usually way into it, but this year I"m feeling funked. :(

Privet and Holly said...

That is so
darn GOOD!!!
I am trying
stencil letters
this week for the
first time in a
long while and hope
it turns out as well!
xx Suzanne

Kerry said...

Good job! We don't get into Halloween here but if we did I'd like something just like that!

nadège said...

thank you for visiting my blog !
I'm discovering yours ! ;-)

Mom of Three said...

I am impressed! Looks great!

Nita Stacy said...

Super cute idea. Love it.

Room to Inspire said...

I love this - what a great idea! Perfect for Halloween!

Chelsea

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com