Thursday, August 11, 2011

New updates to my Mirror Wall!

Remember when I showed you Gus's mirror wall? Well I couldn't help myself and I've added more to fill up some of the spaces and even gave them all a face lift!

Here is the before wall......



I'd say a little sparse and not the "Wow" I thought it could be!



And here is the wall after.......





I found a few more mirrors at the Goodwill and discovered a few I had stashed away and forgotten all about. I decided I wanted something a little more cohesive on the wall. So I got some Valspar Churchhill Hotel Vanilla spray paint and went to town!

I decided to keep the center one black as a contrast and because it was my most expensive mirror, I wanted the option to move it somewhere else if I so desired.

Can you see the chalkboard on the lower left. It says smile Gus! Hey birds do smile!

It has been a little crazy around here lately trying to get last minute school shopping finished and getting my house ready for my big 40th birthday party on the 20th. Let me just say it wasn't my idea to have this big bash. I think it's payback that I never had one for my husband's 40th. Funny thing is, I'm doing all the planning.

Hmmmm somethings up with this picture!

It's all good though. We have 75 people so far and quite possibly 100 coming! It'll be a fun evening but for now I'm scrambling to get my living room painted (not the smartest time to choose a new paint color) and any other projects checked off my to do list! School starts next Thursday and that's when some out of town company arrives!

Whew, I'm exhausted just writing all that!

Starting the 22nd I should be back to blogging in full force. I've missed you all and appreciate your patience while I've been MIA!





16 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

You totally gave it the "WOW" factor. It looks fabulous!

Janie Fox said...

Love the mirrors.Have a great bash!!

Unknown said...

Love your mirror wall. I have one in my dressing area and just love it!!!

W.C.Camp said...

Wow - you make Goodwill stuff look like high class uptown finery!! That cage is almost the exact same type that my wife stows me in at night! W.C.C.

Be Colorful Coastal said...

lookin' good girl. Lookin' good.
:)

Debbiedoos said...

Looking good there girl! I love the mirror wall, they are all so unique paired together like that.

*^_^* said...

Wonderful! Awesome!

Kristin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I LOVE what you've done with your mirror wall. Clever.

Toyin O. said...

Looks really great:)

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome!! I love it!!!

Terri said...

Fantastic Mirror wall! Some really great finds from Goodwill. Ya done good.

Luxury interior designer said...

That is the best example of creativity. Exceptionally well!

Arr said...

This is so pretty. I've never thought of doing this. I am so taking this idea.

Miss Jenkins said...

This is a great idea!

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com