Monday, July 25, 2011

My Pantry got a Makeover!

I finally did it! I got so sick of how disorganized my pantry was that I spent the other night and next day giving it a face lift!

Now before I open these doors I need to get my hardhat! There have been too many times that a few cans and boxes have tried to make a run for it and I've been knocked to the floor. So brace yourselves, its pretty bad in there!


As Jack Nicholson once said, "You can't handle the truth!"


Well. I warned you!

This is a pretty pathetic sight especially since the kids complain way to much that there is never anything to eat!

Now by no means can I ever top Shelly's pantry over at House of Smith's.


Come on, have you seen it? Amazing with a capital A! Didn't they do a great job? I am in love with that wall treatment!

So taking some inspiration from Shelly I took everything out of the cabinets and started planning it's demise. I mean re-awakening! I will spare you that bit of craziness and proceeded to make some sense of the chaos!

I was truly amazed at how many things had expired in there. I'm not sure anyone should have things from the year their daughter was born. Especially since she just had her 7th birthday, ya think?


I had already had a few baskets in that rubble but ran out to Jo Ann Fabrics and purchased some more baskets that were on sale for half price!


I got out my handy dandy labeler and started labeling each shelf and container accordingly!


Now I have a place for everything! A basket for chips, bread, snack bars, oatmeal, pasta, drink mixes etc.



Last night my jokester husband attempted to mess with my system and boy did he get it.

He re-arranged some of the cans and put them in the wrong places to see if I would notice. Well it didn't take long before I noticed things out of place and yes he got an earful! Don't mess with this pantry cleaning fool mister! It won't be pretty!



So I better not hear any crabbing that they can't find something or that there isn't anything to eat!


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan, what a nice job you did....

Pattie

Blogs said...

OMG! it NOW looks super amazing! i love your pantry...i want one like it, to keep organized of course;) they better not say shit about finding anything to eat; for pete's sake my kids don't get nearly half of that....i must be starving mine...LOL;)

The Tiny Team said...

It looks amazing. I love organization! I wish I had that much pantry space! WOw

xo,
Amy

Anonymous said...

You are Super Woman!

Mel said...

Look fab Megan. It sill won't help with a man's inability to see what is right in front of him LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow what a difference!! You can come over and do mine next. :) I don't know what summer break has to do with organization, but it just seems like during summer break all the organization goes out the window in our house. I hate it!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

Hey! Great job! My pantry is in such need of a thorough cleaning. I am so afraid of taking everything out...but I know it is the only way to get it done right!
You have inspired me!

Kate said...

Megan
What an amazing job you did, can you fly over and do mine? Its perfect. Hope you are enjoying your summer my friend.

hugs to you
Kate
xoxo

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Is it weird that I enjoy organizing so much but still my stuff is always going back to a state of disarray? How good does it feel to have that job chalked off the list and how fun to open your oh so organized pantry now. As for House of Smith's - she has too much time on her hands. :) I can't even get my sheets changed this week.
Pam

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

Feels good doesn't it, to attack the every day clutter...now I need to get to it, nice job!!!
Hollie

Fresh Garden said...

Wonderful! Fantastic!

Jordan@the2seasons said...

Wow great organizing on the pantry. I am hoping to have a pantry one day in our house. It is something the kitchen is missing and I really need one. The day it does happen I hope it will be as organized.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Great job! Your pantry looks fantastic!

pantry cabinet said...

Great job! I think my pantry need to be cleaned too, we haven't clean it for a long time...

No Phone Call Is Worth It!

MomsMsg.com